Monday, March 5, 2007

I'm a blog virgin

This world of blogging is all new to me. It's kind of exciting--trying something new, learning as I go, broadening my horizons ... but it's also a bit unnerving. What if I stink at this? Do I actually have anything interesting to say? Will I get lost in the blog-o-sphere? I suppose I'll have answers to those questions and others soon. But until then, I think I'll tiptoe into the blogging pool.

I'm not really the kind of person to dive right into the deep end of any new "pool" ... I'm more likely to wade in slowly, checking the water, gauging the temperature and activity level as I go. (You couldn't accuse me of being an adrenaline junky, that's for sure!) But, once I've adequately surveyed the situation and feel I've got my finger on the pulse of things, I'm ready to go--full steam ahead! *you might consider this a warning ... you could very well be reading the blog equivalent of the Titanic here!

So, considering that this is my first blog ever, I'm not going to type until my fingers fall off. Actually, this just might be it for now--I'll play it safe and be conservative this time (and this will be one of the FEW times you could ever call me conservative!!) ... especially until I figure out how to edit and add other blogs!

Wish me luck ... I'm going to put on my floaties now! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm your first comment!!!!!!!! Whoo hoo. You're my blog virgin hero, Jenny. I wouldn't even try something like this.

Love you...Aunt Betsy

JenC said...

Hey, you write great newsletters and maintained a site similar to this a few years ago - you were a blogger before blogging was cool, so you'll be just fine! I was just thinking as I drove home yesterday that you needed to start a blog. I'll look forward to reading more!

Oh, and thanks again for hosting me this weekend! I had a great time with you and the family! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Chicky! Seattle misses you! Love, Chicky

Anonymous said...

Hey, miss virgin! I've got you in my favorites so I can check back with you often. You're so cool with your new blog that I'm not even sure I'm worthy anymore! :)
Michelle

Megan said...

Senora!!!!


I miss you so much =[

but I must say... in your list of nicknames, I'm pretty disappointed that you left "Debbie Doobie" out !


<3 Megan

Andrea said...

Senora!!!

How are things with you and the familia?? I miss you so much!! I enjoyed reading your blog. You are a good writer.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha!! You are a goofball! I love u tho! your profile made me crack up! i hope everything is goin good up north! give everyone my love!

Charity

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Wish I had time to master something like this - I'm still using my son to load my IPOD! Anyway, hope to see some interesting stuff here on your blog. Mine probably would be just constant rants...so I look forward to reading your blog.
Peace, Davena

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog. It's reminding me of the wonderful/scary/funny time I had raising my children. Keep it up. Love, Beth