Saturday, March 31, 2007

"and I was running ..." (Forrest Gump)

I am really happy to report that I've definitely made some progress with the running. I started this new exercise program / strategy less than a week ago. My initial goal was to be able to run the main loop of my 'hood in one stretch by the end of April ... the main loop is 1 mile. (There are 2 other sections that I can add to my distance: inner loop = .75 mile, extra loop = .75 mile.)

The first time I "ran", a lot of it was walking. I could only run about a quarter-mile at a time and had to do some intermittent walking. By Thursday, I was able to run the entire main loop ... woo! hoo!! In 4 days I was able to work up to running 1 mile. (That means I achieved my goal a month early ... either I didn't set a lofty enough goal or I'm just awesome! I'm pretty sure it's the former rather than the latter! :D)

Today, I ran the entire main loop and all of the inner loop--that's 1.75 miles!! I was really happy with that! My legs were hurting, but I was very happy!

I'll be doing my official weigh-in and measurements on Monday, so we'll find out if I see results there, too! I'll let you know. I can say that jeans that fit me a few weeks ago were a little baggy / loose this weekend.

I'm off to do some sit-ups and push ups now. :)

3 comments:

JenC said...

Fabulous! Before you know it, you'll be entering races with me. In fact, if you pick out a 5k after my Ironman race, I'll do it with you if I'm free that weekend. And I promise to run at whatever pace you'd like. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

I think your success with the running had alot to do with your boot camp style workouts at the Y. I'm proud of how hard you workout. Keep up the good work. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and....that's my Jennay (Forrest Gump)!