Monday, March 12, 2007

I am one lucky chica.

People say that we are lucky to have one, two or even three good friends--really, truly good friends. The kind of friends who love you for who you are--mistakes, quirks, shortcomings and all. The kind who know your past and how it has shaped you into who you are and how it affects the decisions and choices you make in the present. The kind who let you lean on them when you need it and trust you enough to know that they can also lean on you. The kind who you can talk to about anything or you can sit quietly when you need to. The kind who will let you cry it out when you're hurting and who will goof and laugh with you when that's where your heart is. The kind who will be honest--whether that means agreeing with you or not--when you're working to sort out something of importance. The kind of friends that make you feel so grateful and blessed to have them in your life.

It seems that most people cycle through friendships. It brings to mind the somewhat sappy, although pertinent, email that goes around about friendships that we have for a season and a reason. Some people come into our lives for periods of time when we share a common bond ... and then usually those friendships wane as circumstances change. We develop new friendships during various stages of life, seeking people with whom we can connect, losing touch with others as our lives enter different phases. This is common ... and logical.

I have come to realize recently that I have an uncommon situation--a very fortunate situation for me. I have several good friends in my life that I have known for a very long time--a few for the majority of my years. Several of these people who have come into my life during different "seasons" have remained a part of my life--and we continue to be incredibly close.

I can't imagine how different my life would be if it were not for the great friends I have. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such good people ... such good friends.

I am one lucky chica. :)

1 comment:

JenC said...

We're the lucky ones! I was just thinking this same thought as I was driving home from your house. We're not a season, we are a lifetime! Love you!