Monday, May 7, 2007

Come and get it!

I've posted once earlier about Austin and his famous PB & J sandwiches. This weekend, he made the scrumptious treat for the entire family. We were all outside--kids playing and Tim and I working away in the landscaping. We were spreading mulch in the front bed when Austin came up to me and the following conversation ensued:

"I'm thinking about lunch, Mom."

"Oh really? What are you thinking about making us?"

"You mean I can really make it?! For real?"

"Sure."

"Cool!! I'll make us all my super-special peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

"Sounds great!" :D

And off he went, running into the house to prepare a Jif and jelly feast. About 15 minutes later, he came out the front door, completely giddy, barely able to contain himself ... smiling ear to ear. "Lunch is served, everyone!!"

Tim and I took off the gloves and headed in the house for a lunch break. We walked into the kitchen to find a tower of sandwiches, oozing jelly and deliciousness all over the counter. We got out the fine china (read: paper plates) and Austin served each of us.


I am a fan of peanut butter and jelly ... and this particular sandwich was truly delicious. Maybe Austin has a future in the culinary field!

1 comment:

JenC said...

Yum! I love PB&J sandwiches. Tell Austin that he needs to make one for me next time I visit.