Wednesday, May 30, 2007

7 random things

I've been tagged by my long-time friend (and fellow blogger) to post 7 random things about me ... so here goes!

1. I have green-blue eyes, except for the Schario brown spot in my left eye. My dad has it and Nana had it, too. I sometimes mess with people when they say "did you know you have something in your one eye?" I like to respond with something like "is it my left eye, over here to this side? (pointing to the spot) It's been hurting all day and I don't know what it could be." They usually get pretty stirred up about it, confirming that, indeed, that's where the spot is. They go on describing said spot for a little bit. Then I let them in on the story. I can be such a shit sometimes!

2. I have an HRC (Human Rights Campaign) equality sticker on the back of my van ... the only bumper sticker I've ever had.

3. I wear a size 9 shoe. I don't think my feet are big ... and I don't think they look big--apparently it's unexpected by most people to hear my shoe size. Some are surprised that I wear a 9.

4. Tim and I have been dating for 15 years now. We just had our "dating anniversary" on May 14th. I didn't even realize it until the day after ... and he didn't realize it until I told him. Aaahhhhh! The romance is still a-blazing! :D

5. I would love to be pregnant and deliver another baby or two, but I don't want any more kids. (I realize the conundrum there ...) I have actually looked into being a surrogate mother. I would gladly do that for someone in my family or good friends, but haven't followed through to file paperwork or anything to put me on a list / database for anyone else.

6. I cry easily. I cry at sentimental commercials. I cry during the Olympics--sometimes during touching back-stories, other times when the national anthem is being played. I sometimes cry when I read cheesy, sappy emails--you know, the ones designed to make you reflect on your life and friends and all that. I cry sometimes when I stand at the end of my kids' beds when they're sleeping--feeling blessed for the sweet things they are. I cry--a lot--when watching movies ... every Disney movie, and dramas for sure. I absolutely bawled (heaving chest and inability to regulate my breathing) when I watched Bridges of Madison County and Big Fish. Sometimes that just feels so freeing to let it all out.

7. Although I'm a pretty good cook, I have never actually cooked anything (and I mean that I've never cooked anything) by myself on the grill. I'm kind of afraid to ... it's like venturing into the unknown. Scary. And, besides, Tim's so good at it!! :)

At this point, I should "tag" someone else to post 7 random things on their blog ... but Jen is my only blogging friend, and she tagged me. I'll assume there are no tag backs ...

1 comment:

JenC said...

And the similarities continue. I cry at everything too. The National Anthem always gets me, especially at the end.

Love you and congrats on reaching 3 miles! You are ready for that 5k now for sure.