Monday, April 30, 2007

WooHoo!

I reached 2 running goals today: I ran for 30 minutes straight, and I ran my entire neighborhood. Initially, my goal was to be able to run the main loop of my 'hood without stopping--that's one mile. I made that goal about a week after I set it, so I revised my goal. I wanted to be able to run the main loop, the extra loop and the inner circle--that totals about 2.25 miles--by April 30th (today!). I ran all of that plus about another quarter-mile. So, I ran 2.5 miles today.

I've also been keeping track of my time ... today was definitely slower than usual--about a 12-minute mile. So, that's my next goal ... continue to run the 2.5 miles while reducing my time. As I get faster (that's a very relative term I'm using), I'll want to try to extend my distance.

An incentive in this training is that my good friend is going to run a 5K with me--after she's completed the Lake Placid Ironman triathlon in July. (You are awesome, Jen!! I am completely inspired by you!! Looking forward to running together :D) I have a long way to go in getting ready for that, but after today's progress I feel confident I'll be able to do it. WooHoo!!

2 comments:

JenC said...

Great job chica! Keep up the great work!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, It is wonderful you can run so far. I could run to the refrigerator and back...but that is about it. I love the updated picture of you. I'm sending this anonymous because I don't have an account. I'm not sure if it will send either.
xo Sherry & Unc Bob