Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Sno--er, I mean Ice Day!

The kids have a snow day today after our area was blanketed in a beautiful coating of ice yesterday. (I say that it's beautiful because I'm not out driving in it ... it looks wonderful, but would be horrible to drive in.) I was planning to go out running errands for the day, but changed plans with this weather and the kids being home. So, today is my big cleaning day. Woohoo!!

It's funny how often old sayings ring true ... and the one that's going through my head so much lately is "when it rains, it pours." I have a crazy list of things to do this week, all leading up to little Miss Maya's birthday party on Saturday. It would be enough to just need to clean the house, buy some groceries, pick up her birthday gifts (finally have been delivered to the store and I just need to go collect them) and wrap them up to look pretty, bake and decorate a cake and throw up some decorations. But, no! This is also the week that we have our karate testing for graduation (which is also Saturday), I have a PTA meeting to go to (I would skip it, but the focus is Safety ... and I'm the Health and Safety Chairperson), an appointment to get my boobs squished (a.k.a. a mammogram ... now that I'm 35, I get to have all that fun on a regular basis), Austin's Christmas program at school and one of Tim's work Christmas celebrations. And all day Thursday I'll be teaching / volunteering at the kids' school. It all just seems to add up to a big bunch of craziness!

I've written it all down and even tried to plot out a schedule for when I'll have time / be able to do all of it between all these commitments. So, it made me laugh this morning when I had planned to get out and about to run lots of errands and saw that school was cancelled for the day. Brings to mind another saying ... "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray."

I guess I'm either a mouse or a man .... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, snow days are the best, but they definitely can put a strain on plans :)

& this is off subject, but I was thinking... if Josh Groban ever goes on tour in the U.S. again (which I'm hoping he does) we should definitely try and plan on going to a show! :)

Hope all is well!

Alisha

Anonymous said...

OH! And please tell Maya that I say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Anonymous said...

Hey!! You have such a busy life!!
I just wanted to stop in and say hello...hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!
God Bless...
Cathy
( and the teaching thing..it may be that you are still needed at home...I am sure another opportunity, that will even be BETTER, will come your way )
Take Care
Cathy Dierkes
fellow fun seeker :)