Friday, October 19, 2007

Run from the Kids

I am officially signed up to run my first 5k ... it's a Run for the Kids (proceeds go to help the Children's Miracle Network). The first time I saw the tag line, I thought it said Run from the Kids--which, let's admit, is more entertaining. It could be put on like a mini running of the bulls, having a pack of kids all released at one time to run chasing the adult participants. What fun! What excitement! (go ahead with your thought ... you won't hurt my feelings ... I am quite aware that I am one goofy girl!)

I'm really excited about this 5k because I get to run with one of my favorite people and best friends, Jen. We've known each other since I was 11 (right, Jen? or were you 11 and I was 10? ... regardless, about 25 years now). She is quite an accomplished athlete, having completed the Ironman Triathlon in Lake Placid this summer--among other events this year. For those who don't know, an Ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run (that's a full marathon to end the event)--all in one day ... consecutively ... without stopping ... and it takes the entire day. Whew! I just got tired and winded thinking about it! :D I think she's amazing and I'm really looking forward to running with her, albeit at a much slower pace than she's used to!!

I'll be sure to post about it after the 5k, which is on the 28th.

3 comments:

JenC said...

You're too kind. I'm looking forward to it as well! Love you!

JenC said...

Hey Jen, I forgot to ask. Did you sign me up or should I sign up myself? Just checking. Either way is fine with me. See you Saturday! What time do you want me to come over?

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Honey! I'll be thinking of you on our way back from Chicago....love, Mom