Monday, June 11, 2007

an exciting milestone--25!!

Hip! Hip! Hooray!! It's been 1 year, 5 months and 9 days since I started this journey to get back into shape and lose weight. Today, the scale showed some very exciting numbers. Drum roll, please ......... I've lost 25 pounds!! WooHooo!! I am excited! I'm thrilled with how much more energetic I feel, how much more comfortable my clothes are (2 sizes smaller) and how much smaller I am. I've been measuring along the way, too ... and I have some fun statistics. Along with 25 lbs., I've lost 4 inches around my chest and waist, 6" around my belly, 4.5" around my hips and butt, and 2" around each thigh and upper arm. Yeah!! I'm melting ... and I like it! :)

I'm about to reach another one of my goals this week--I have been determined to be in good enough shape and have lost enough weight to wear a bikini on our Disney trip (we leave on Thursday) ... and I'm ready to do it!! I won't be posting any photos of that here, but I will wear it. :D I'm still not the hottest mama out there, but I feel good in my skin and I'm happy with my progress so far. (I still plan to lose another 15 lbs. or so, but I'm happy to be more than halfway to my goal of 40 lbs. total.)

A little more good news, the running is going better. I still have days that I don't love it, but I'm making some big improvements. I'm up to running 3 miles now, and I'm posting lower times to mark each mile too. I'm down to a 10:30 mile--I started out around 16 minutes because I had to walk for parts of it, but I've made some significant progress with it. Yippee!

I'll keep on chugging ... with my exercise and a Honey Brown or two. (We are almost on vacation, you know!) :)

2 comments:

JenC said...

Fabulous job buddy! You rock!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! I love the newer photo you posted...what a beauty!! Love you!